Wall of History
July 19, 1972 – Montgomery County Humane Society was founded by Bobbie Burd, John Gutekunst, and Nancy Meyer with “The purpose or purposes for which the Corporation is organized are: the prevention of cruelty of animals.”
1983 – Shelter built at 1016 East Dallas Street in Conroe by City of Conroe to be managed by HSMC. It was the first animal shelter in the county.
|History at a Glance|
|November 16, 1993 – An article of Amendment was signed to change the name to Humane Society of Montgomery County2002 – HSMC recieves a $5,000 grant from Bob Barker’s DJ & T Foundation to perform spays and neuters.
– Recieved more than $20,000 in funding as a result of monies from purchases of “animal friendly” liscense plates.
– 8th Annual Fore! The Animals Charity Golf Tournament sponsored by Magnolia’s Lake Windcrest Golf Club raised over $25,000.November 2, 2002 – 8th Annual Mutt Strutt held at Northshore ParkSpring 2003 – 1st Annual Bow Wow Meow Luau raised $22,003
November 1, 2003 – 9th Annual Mutt Strutt held at Northshore Park
November 23, 2003 – HSMC Christmas ornaments offered for sale at Woodforest Banks. Dog and cat ornaments were handpainted by the clients of Bridgewood Farms
2004 – HSMC performed 2,090 spay/neuter procedures