The Humane Society of Montgomery County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and relies greatly on volunteers to assist staff in supporting the organization’s mission. To register to be a volunteer you are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 16 years old (exceptions require the express approval of the Operations Manager or Volunteer Coordinator and the individual’s parent or guardian).
- Specific location and/or job requirements may dictate a minimum age of 18.
- Be willing to attend appropriate volunteer training.
- Volunteers are generally used to for a variety of purposes, including assisting with coordination of and/or participating in special fundraising events.
If you are interested in volunteering with HSMC, you can call us at (936) 441-4762 and we can mail an application to you.
Click here for the online volunteer application.
When you become a member of the Humane Society of Montgomery County, you are supporting programs and services that save the lives of animals that don’t have a responsible and compassionate owner. These services are not free, and as such, membership is perhaps the most important fundraiser for the HSMC.
Your HSMC membership helps pay for HSMC’s programs, which include its low-cost spay/neuter program and its educational programs. HSMC offers a variety of membership levels and benefits. As a member of HSMC, you receive an invitation to the annual meeting, invitations to special HSMC events, and an opportunity to be nominated to serve on the Board of Directors.
All Board members are required to be HSMC members in good standing.
- Annual Membership Levels – 2016
- Pet Lovers – Individual $50
- Tail Waggers – Students (12 and under) $10
- Paws & Claws – Family (Same Household) $100
- Furry Friends – Business $250
Benefits of Membership:
- Assist in the education of humane treatment of all animals.
- Provide for temporary pet care assistance for families in personal crisis.
- Receive regular newsletter.
- Membership Card to receive Discounts from selected Corporate sponsors.
An HSMC membership also makes a wonderful gift for the other animal lovers in your life. Membership is good for one year from the date received and renewal reminders are sent annually. Payment may be sent via our online donation form.